QA Level 3 Award in Emergency First at Work (QCF) – 1 Day
The Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981 require all employers to make arrangements to ensure their employees receive immediate attention if they are injured or taken ill at work. This includes carrying out a risk assessment, appointing a suitable amount of first aiders and providing appropriate first aid training.
- The role and responsibilities of a first aider
- Minimising the risk of infection
- Completing an accident report form
- Scene survey/primary survey
- Levels of consciousness
- Adult CPR (cardiopulmonary resuscitation)
- Recovery position
- Managing a seizure
- Identify the types of external bleeds
- Control external bleeding
- Recognise and dealing with shock
- Administer first aid to a casualty with a minor injury
- How to deal with a burn/scald
There are no upcoming events.
|3 years (recommendation of an annual refresher)
|Ongoing practical assessment will run throughout the course and one multiple choice written question papers.
Download Course Details