QA Level 3 Award in Emergency Paediatric First Aid (RQF) – 1 Day
This regulated qualification provides delegates with the opportunity to develop the basic skills and knowledge needed to deal with a range of emergency paediatric first aid situations which could arise when looking after children.
This qualification which has been designed alongside the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) and is ideal for those who have gained a level 2 or 3 childcare qualification and have entered into an early year setting and wish to be included in staff ratios. This qualification is also ideal for anyone who cares for infants/children, such as parent and/or guardians.
- The role and responsibilities of a paediatric first aider
- minimising the risk of infection
- completing an accident report form scene
- survey/primary survey
- Recovery position for an infant/child
- Assist an infant/child who is experiencing a seizure
- Infant/child CPR (cardiopulmonary resuscitation)
- Types and severity of bleeding in infants/child
- Control external bleed
- Recognise an infant/child who is suffering from shock
- Administer first aid to infant/child suffering from shock
There are no upcoming events.
|3 years (recommendation of an annual refresher)
|Ongoing practical assessment will run throughout the course and one multiple choice written question papers.
Download Course Details