|North West and Midlands
Assist our Civils Division in planning and safe delivery of Track Renewals and Maintenance projects in compliance with the appropriate railway group and line standards and safety legislation.
As a Senior Supervisor, you will have the following accountabilities:
- Responsible for the detailed planning and execution of Track Maintenance and Renewals Works and Civils Projects as allocated by the Civils Division.
- Responsible for planning and directing the activities of Site Supervisors and Civils staff.
- The provision of technical and delivery support.
- Hold Whiteboard/Stage Gate meetings to support effective delivery of works.
- Ensure agreed performance and other project requirements and KPI’s are met.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant Safety Legislation and Welfare Regulations.
- Responsible for ensuring all works undertaken comply with contract specifications and requirements including any rail client standards.
- Responsible for ensuring works are undertaken by competent staff.
- Ensure maximum utilisation of resources in delivery of all works.
- Participate in the planning and preparation of works including procuring tools, materials, small plant for works.
- Co-ordinate/chair/attend and record site meetings.
- Produce status and progress reports on site works.
- Ensure appropriate Daily Work Returns (Planned v Actuals) are submitted on time.
- Undertake accident/incident investigations as required.
Requirements for role:
- Demonstrable experience in Permanent Way Maintenance & Track Renewals and Civils at a Site Supervisor level, with an in-depth knowledge of the Track discipline
- Strong knowledge of project and financial controls
- HNC in an Engineering discipline or working towards
- IT literate with good Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent communication and management skills
- Able to drive with clean licence
- PTS and COSS
Why work for us:
Our teams deliver exciting and meaningful projects; developing, building, and maintaining the rail infrastructure for customers that supports economies and strengthens communities.
We offer excellent rates and smart working depending on the role to provide more flexibility such as staggered start and finish times and remote working, where projects allow.